Happy New Year! I hope you had a nice Christmas and New Year’s holiday! On a personal note, my hope and prayer for you is that your year will be filled with good health, increasing wealth and a strong family!
As far as the economy and financial markets go, 2012 won’t start off much different than where they ended. Unfortunately we still have the following issues right in front of our faces going into this new year:
1. America has a huge pile of debt, some $15 trillion and the number grows higher.
2. The Europeans seem to be frozen by indecision as their problems worsen.
3. China’s actual economic stability and growth rate remain suspect.
4. The Super Committee was a huge failure, and our prospects for reigning in government spending are dim.
5. Unemployment continues to be extremely, and I might add, unacceptably too high
6. The political battles are being planned for this election year…with the real losers (or should i say casualties) being the hard working silent majority in this great country.
Taking all of this into consideration you have a decision before you, a choice to be made. You can either act or re-act when it comes to your personal situation.
On a different note, many of us have made New Year resolutions to improve our health this year. I thought you may enjoy the following article from the Wall Street Journal entitled “The 27 Rules for Conquering the Gym.”